Wednesday, December 26, 2007

There's rain in the streets. Broken branches and sad-colored leaves on the ground. The snow hasn't quite made it here yet. I've been thinking a lot about cities and rooms. Something in me wants to be kept. At the same time, something resists confinement.

I found a porcelain doll the other day. We used it for Christmas decoration. It made me think of how wonderful I used to find this bric-à-brac when I was little. There was something irresistibly endearing in the shapes and colors. And then I remember how much more useful shapes and colors were when I was little.

Today there's rain in the streets. Broken branches and sad-colored leaves on the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made it here today! It's beautiful and white. No deer in the backyard but nevertheless it looks like a white fairy tale. The porcelain doll is watching the snow from the window. Only you are missing...